Supplier Production Management
Focus on your product. We'll do the rest
Sourcing from China can throw up all sorts of challenges in terms of management distances, supplier variety, supplier management distribution, and quality management experiences. The further you are from your suppliers, the harder it is to manage their quality and communicate your requirements. The more complicated your products and sourcing arrangements are, the more difficult it is to isolate quality problems and supplier risks.
We at AMREP China can help you. We've devised a comprehensive suite of supplier management solutions where, acting as your production partner, we work collaboratively with your suppliers to drive effective and efficient supplier performance throughout your supply chain. In doing so, we shift your quality management to a proactive, risk-adverse approach which addresses quality holistically, rather than on an individual product or supplier basis.
We do all this, while you focus on what you do best. We do all this, while you satisfy customer demands along with achieving your operational goals of cutting costs, growing revenue, and delivering superior quality products.
Key Focus Areas
We work on a one-to-one basis with your suppliers to improve their processes and product manufacturing capabilities. Our activities extend from the initial supplier selection stages to the final product delivery and can involve:
- Hands-on engagement with your suppliers to reduce costs, minimise waste, and improve quality.
- Establishing process controls for early problem identification and reduced product inspections.
- Transforming your adversarial supplier relationships into sustainable, collaborative parternships.
- Implementing continuous improvement processes in suppliers.
- Developing change controls for effectively communicating production changes between you and your supplier.
Supplier risk can be particularly difficult to detect and manage when you have multiple suppliers across the world, or when your suppliers are sourcing components from other suppliers. We enhance your abilities to anticipate these risks and respond to unexpected changes to production, design, materials, or product specifications using:
- Supplier audits for Tier 1 suppliers and their subcomponent sources to define, quantify, and assess risks.
- Ongoing risk monitoring at your suppliers' premises.
- Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) tracking and measuring.
- Quality engineering and production management to resolve risks.
- Supplier scorecards to measure supplier performance.
AMREP's collaborative engineering solutions gets you ahead of global competition with fast, flexible product lifecycles while maintaining low costs, minimum production risk, and high quality. We integrate our manufacturing expertise into your product design teams and suppliers to reduce your time to market, accelerate product innovation, optimise your designs for production, and enhance your product's quality and functionalities.
- Production engineers with proven experiences in production machinery, product types, production layouts, and Chinese production management culture to co-create your production processes with you and your suppliers
- Manufacturing engineers with localised experience in product design and engineering blueprints to translate your product designs effectively into production with minimum risk of production errors.
- Material engineers with expertise in plastics, metallurgy, and electronics to define and identify the most optimum compenents and materials for your product.
- Supplier quality engineers to audit and set up supplier quality standards and processes for corrective actions and continuous improvement.
The most experienced quality inspectors and engineers from the global AMREP network train your suppliers in the best international manufacturing practices for your product. Our training is customer-driven and focuses on:
- Reviewing suppliers' existing production practices and identifying areas for improvement.
- Investigating, documenting, and correcting deviations from customer specifications and standard industry practice.
- Visiting key suppliers to validate resources for boosting production.
- Hands-on practical training on good manufacturing practices.